Last night our church hosted our first ever Ladies Night Out. It was an awesome experience to see all the women laughing, crying, worshipping, and sharing together as we talked about love and marriage.
It was my honor to speak to our women about some of the peaks and valleys I have experienced through my first 13 years of marriage, and about some of the things Christian and I are doing to make our marriage great today.
It the midst of some of our early challenges in marriage I read a book that changed my life and helped me become a better wife. “The Power of a Praying Wife” by Stormie Omartian helped me realize that I needed to change my attitude AND my prayers from, “Lord, change him,” to “Lord, change me!” I began to devour more books on marriage and relationships and I truly believe these books mentored me and taught me how to be a better wife, friend, and lover.
Everyone should be a lifelong reader! When you stop growing, you stagnate, in your life and your relationships. Here are some recommended resources (books & websites) to help better your relationships and your marriage:
- For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
- Beyond Ordinary by Justin & Trish Davis
- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian
- 12 Questions to Ask Before You Marry by Clayton & Charie King
- The Power of a Positive Wife by Karol Ladd
- Sexperiment and The Creative Marriage by Ed & Lisa Young
- The Sexually Confident Wife by Shannon Ethridge
- Love and Respect by Dr. Emmerson Eggerichs
- Focus on the Family Marriage Site
- Family Life Website
I’ll follow up in a later post with some of the points I shared for single and married ladies!